[Dixielandjazz] Mistake on Word Choice

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Mon Jan 7 15:07:08 PST 2008

Listmates,

I offer my apologies for a poor choice of words on my last post regarding Bob Ringwald on the Tamas Youtube videos.

I described him as our "erstwhile" DJML moderator. Erstwhile means previous or former, and it was not my intent to imply that Bob was or is our "former" moderator with the comment. I was trying to provide a lighthearted description of Bob doing a great job on a piano rag and simply picked the wrong descriptor.

I should have described Bob as "eminent" or "renowned", since he certainly is a well known, possibly even a famous, person.

My apologies to Bob and anyone else on the list whom I may have led astray.

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band
www.banjomusic.biz