[Dixielandjazz] West End Blues

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 5 06:23:10 PST 2008

Dave,
Duh! I didn't look there as our band has not played that tune.
I wanted to wait until I'd practiced the intro cadenza which I keep
putting off.
--and I didn't realize the bit about the 3 parts.
 Ridiculous that I missed it
*(Side comment -- Unfortunately, just like the end of the Berigan rendition
of "I can't get started" the cadenza ends one note above my max reliable range.- damn!"
Funny how I can hit a reliable Bb concert, but the lip shuts down almost completely a major 2nd above.
-- I never mastered the "buzz" tho' my trumpet teacher swore by the technique.)

Thanks,
Craig..