[Dixielandjazz] Sorry Mr. Ringwald...just got one more thing to say

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Jan 2 19:11:21 PST 2008

 Rebecca Thompson texasjazzlover at verizon.net wrote:

>I have not read the LIST as I once did, and simply lurk from time to time.
> BUT for me, the loss of so many of our listmates has created a loss in
> quality of posts.  Jim Bebee, John Norris, Tommy Loy, John Farrell, Bill
> Gunter, and so many others I cannot recall at this time. One in Australia,
> one in Florida. ... Their musical knowledge and intelligence is missed and
> so far, not equaled by others now present on the list.
>
> The topics are just not as interesting as they once were.
 (snip)

Hi Rebecca,

Yup, wish I could bring all those good friends back.  But sadly my duties as
DJML Moderator do not reach that far.

Perhaps one reason that you feel that the topics are not as interesting is
because of what was just discussed here on DJML . . . . The same topics are
brought up over and over and you have read them as many of us old timers
have, over and over and over?

.  Let me use this post to invite the other 350 members who usually lurk, to
get into the action here, start a thread and participate.  If not, you will
continue to hear from the same people, posting the same comments over and
over.

Happy New Year to everyone.

--Bob Ringwald