[Dixielandjazz] Frank Chace

Marty Nichols marnichols at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 13:35:13 PST 2008

I knew Frank Chace in the 50's while I lived in Chicago (53-57). It's hard to forget someone with a name that is spelled in an unusual way (Chace not Chase.) He was a Pee Wee Russell "soundalike." I played one or two gigs with him and I clearly remember the day I was present in the recording studio where Frank recorded with Dave Remington, and Sid Dawson and others on an LP called "Chicago Jazz Reborn." I lost contact with Frank when I left Chicago. I recently came across a recording he made with Wild Bill at Storyville. BTW- Ed Hubble was absolutely fantastic on trombone on it.
  Sorry to hear we have lost Frank.
  Marty Nichols
  Trombone
  http://myspace.com/freemarty

   On 01/01/2008, Richard Karner <dickkarner at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Frank died last nite in Chicago where he resided.  A great musician.
  He played with the best including The Salty Dogs Jazz Band thru out
 the '50's.  If anyone has more info, please pass it on.