[Dixielandjazz] I can't give a guess as to this tune, baby

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:44:46 PST 2008

Bob,

I almost hate to admit it, but when the melody is SO eliminated (on a first chorus), I have to complain a bit about it also.

I hear maybe 4 places in the 2 choruses where 2 successive notes seem to be of the original melody.

Sorry, that just doesn't make it in my book.  To me, it shows someone who either doesn't know the tune, or thinks they're above the original composer.

steve 'snob' hoog