[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Valentine Card

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Feb 29 14:58:10 PST 2008

Funny.  I listened to and enjoyed the version of "I Can't Give You Anything
But Love."  Because the singer is taking some liberties with the original
tune, I recognized it as improvisation and never thought a thing about it.
Then read the posts on DJML complaining about his treatment of the song.

So I went back and listened to it again.

Geeze, if a Jazz musician gets put down for improvising, Gawd help us all.

It sounds good to me.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See our new CD, www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I can resist everything except temptation."  --Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900