[Dixielandjazz] Ivie Anderson/Ellington

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 08:49:07 PST 2008

As a senior lurker, the subject of Ivie Anderson brought back memories of seeing and listening to Duke and Ivie in San Frncisco in 1942.Having spent a morning in the Dawn Club listening to a remote broadcast, "Jive at 1105" , I went to the GoldenGate  Theatre to see Duke, sat through a couple ovies to watch and listen to the band and see and listen to Ivie. My most memorable song was, "Rocks in my Bed", plus all the other tunes she rendered.

  Slainte m'hath

  Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

  Ed Coltrin

dwlit at cpcug.org wrote:
  She's one of my favorite vocalists. I especially think of her "I got it
bad and that ain't good", and "It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that
swing", both of which are among my "desert island" favorites.

Has anyone reissued the complete Victor "Jungle Band" records in good sound?

--Sheik