[Dixielandjazz] Restoring 78s

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Mon Feb 18 19:25:21 PST 2008

Dick

I follow almost the same path with one major (I think) exception.
I record at 45 rpm to allow the needle to follow the grooves more closely. I then use speed/pitch correction in the program to bring the recording up to correct peed.

Phil O'Rourke
Australia

  There's been plenty of digital ink spilled on this subject here lately, but
  I hope you'll allow me to weigh in.  While working on lots of pretty
  wretched 78s for my Two Ton Baker web site, I put together a page
  describing how I restore them.  It has notes, audio samples, and screen
  shots of my audio editing program, CoolEditPro (although they're more for
  decoration than enlightenment).

  See it at http://twotonbaker.com/2ton/music/restoration.htm