[Dixielandjazz] Promoting

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:56:49 PST 2008

A local public radio station, non-NPR, has an auction where bands donate a gig to raise money for the station.  Lots of rock bands of all ilks (and acks!), a few jazz groups, some that can't be labeled take part.

But, I don't think that would be a good fit for OKOM.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'll try it next time around.

But, the local PBS station does an auction too, as yours probably does (US of course...)

So, after a couple weeks of phone tag, Misbehavin' is finally in the queue to be listed as an auction item.  The auction will be for a 1 hour performance, the auction price paid will be ONLY for 1 hour.  If the buyer wants more from us, they'll pay us directly.  IT is subject to our scheduling availability, and must be used by September or sometime like that. (The auction is in April.)

It sounds like they'll put us on the on-line portion of the auction, with some on the air teasers to get people going to look.  So, the MySpace page will get a couple of videos too, as soon as we can work the specifics out, and round up the video gear.

If this works, and I think it will, it'll be good PR for Misbehavin', a tax break for each of us, and the station will get a decent payment too.  I can't figure out that there's no one who doesn't win on this!

Whadya think??

steve