[Dixielandjazz] Putting One's Head In The Sand

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 07:22:30 PST 2008

The negativity of some about Chop Saver is astounding. It's like don't
confuse me with the facts.

For those with open minds,  "The Canadian Brass" are endorsing and
selling it on their online site.
http://www.canadianbrassstore.com/cbgreen.html

Or see roughly 4 pages of chopsaver testimonials from trumpet players
including JAZZ MUSICIANS at
http://www.TrumpetMaster.com/vb/141/chopsaver-22105-2.html

Or see several postings on the TPIN about it including one about a
female jazz trombonist who also teaches belly dance. <grin>
http://tpin.okcu.edu/pipermail/tpin/2006-December/038809.html

Why go outside the list to where those UGH, classical players are?
(jazz players are there too)

Because that's where most of the  information on jazz,  music and new
product is. What do we have on the DJML? A miniscule bit of
information about it, none of the DJML musicians use it  and  that it
doesn't sell well in a couple of music stores.  Well, we've never been
much for current events and it seems as if some of us don't want to
make any effort to find out what's happening. Should that surprise us?

To find out about Chopsaver and where it is being sold, just google
search Chopsaver. After the first 30 pages, those 32000 hits start to
repeat themselves.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone