[Dixielandjazz] Chop Saver

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Feb 15 13:53:41 PST 2008

And I bet it tasted good too!!!

I would think that Alum would dry out the lips making them more prone to
splitting or chapping.  On the other hand it might give the mouthpiece more
of a grip and stay put.

Reed players don't use these things because they muck up the reeds and cake
on the mouthpieces.  A case in point is lipstick.  It makes a ghastly mess
out of a reed and mouthpiece.  Reed players aren't particularly prone to
split lips.  I don't know about chapping because it is a rare occurrence
with me.
Larry
St.L