[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland tuba

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 19:21:33 PST 2008

Many tuba player's love the sound of an Eb tuba...there's one in my home that I don't need that needs to find a loving home where OKOM is performed and loved!
two piece Reynolds Contempora, (that was top-of-the-line), silver, upright bell, with the famous McMillen tuning compensator on the first valve! No mouthpiece, but most tuba players have their own favorite mp anyway! Two cases in very good condition...all latches are like new!! I just got it back today from Dick Akright at Best Instrument Repair in Oakland...chem cleaned, new water-key corks, new pads...the works! It's a very good looking horn! VERY few small dents. NO play in the valves, and the slides make a resounding POP when pulled!
This is a great tuba...gorgeous sound even when I play it, so there's no telling how good it would sound with a pro playing it!
I can send pictures!
$20,000 or next best offer! :~) (Well, it's worth it!)
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, Calif. 95242