[Dixielandjazz] Great trombonists

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 13 08:14:20 PST 2008

Hi gang,

Well, just to add a couple more - in a LOT of years in the business, the
ones I worked with that REALLY blew me away - Jimmy Haislip and Skip
Deringer (both from my hometown of St. Louis...), and whomever that guy is
that plays with Blue Street Jazz Band (Fulton, Calif?)  He could cut down
trees with that bone of his!  Oh, and Scotty, a street musician from New
Orleans whom I met years and years ago...  (Sorry, I just remember his first
name - a residual effect from the Mad Dog 20/20 consumption...)
ALL the Best,
Steve