[Dixielandjazz] Sad news

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:29:48 PST 2008

Hello Brian,
Remember Jazz for the Asking?
For years, I used to play truant to work and go out with mu transistor
radio to listen to it.  It was mostly, although not entirely, OKOM.
Then Peter Clayton was taken ill and passed away, Digby Fairweather
took over for a while, but eventually the programme was given to
Malcolm Laycock.  Laycock turned it into a non-jazz (i.e. - "modern")
programme, and within a short time the programme died.
Cheers