[Dixielandjazz] Anyone Remember Red Blanchard?

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Feb 8 00:07:11 PST 2008

Dear Debbie,

Red Blanchard is a very good friend of mine.  And unless he has passed away
in the last day or so, is still very much alive and kicking.  Perhaps you
were thinking of his wife who passed away a while ago.

Red has a couple of web sites where you can hear various things, including
some of his old radio shows.

Google Red Blanchard and see what you come up with.

If you can't find them, let me know and I'll get you squared away.

Also, you might want to drop Red a note,

red at gbs.bz

For the rest of you listmates, Red was a CBS staff announcer for many years.
He is now 87 years old and lives in the San Diego area.

For a few years he had a radio show a mid at young teenagers.  Anyone
growing up on the west coast in the early 50s will remember the Red
Blanchard Show.

--Bob Ringwald