[Dixielandjazz] Swing Dancers love to dance to OKOM

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 10:37:14 PST 2008

Swing Dancers love OKOM and OKOM loves Swing Dancers. See below
correspondence from a Swing Dancer who follows our band. (The photo
jpg is not attached but I will send it off list to those interested)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Hey Paul:  (just sent)

We had a blast too. See my Photo jpg of Sidney & Katherine, plus you
and Lindsay in the background from the Fat Tuesday performance at Iron
Hill Brewery. Thank you for being there. I sure had fun hugging all
the girls during and after the event. All of us were perspiring
mightily. <grin> You guys were just great and you make us old folks
feel young.

The magazine I suggested was "The American Rag"

Click on : http://www.americanrag.com/

Once there click on the "World of Festival Listings! (and Jazz
Cruises)" for a small snippet of 2008  festivals and events that swing
dancers all over the USA may wish to attend.

You can subscribe to it on that page also and I think it is well worth
it to get the COMPLETE listing of festivals/cruises/events every
month. There are a ton of them that welcome swing dancers and some
great bands playing them all over the country.(and world) Price for
the "Rag" is VERY REASONABLE.

For Pee Wee Russell Memorial Stomp Info  see:  http://www.njjs.org/
Definitely a must attend event for you guys as you can see from the
picture and the band line-up. You'll have a blast.

For my schedule see:  http://www.barbonestreet.com/schedule.html

I will keep you updated about our special Swing Dance events, but
meanwhile, you are welcome to come to all of our events. Even the
"private"ones. Just let me know in advance so I can clear it with
clients.
Like our January Church gig when you had them dancing in the
Aisles . . . The Reverend just loved it and invited us all back again
in 2009 to bury the year 2008.

Cheers,
Steve