[Dixielandjazz] Beer

Phil Pospychala bixguy at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:55:16 PST 2008

You know, Shiner got saved because they were bought by the Mexican fellow who imports Corona in the southwest.  He pumped in money on production improvements and actually got Shiner bock on airplanes!  Can't remember the major line or lines.  We also like Shiner's regular lager.  However, the bock is the only label easily available out here in Chicagoland.> From: dhs2 at peoplepc.com> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:23:21 -0600> Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Beer> CC: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com> To: bixguy at hotmail.com> > Dear Listers:> > Here in Central Texas we are fortunate to be recipients of the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, TX. Their most famous beer is Shiner Bock, a very passable dark beer. It is available in most Central Texas watering holes; hence, one need not drink watery lagers even if more exotic beers are not available.> > If you ever visit Austin, go to the Draft House on Medical Parkway. They are a microbrewery and serve up a cornucopia of fresh beers, some of which will flatten you in a few glasses. While you are in Austin, be sure to look up Dan Augustine. He combines expertise in beer and traditional jazz, two critical subjects!> > Regards,> Dave Stoddard> _______________________________________________> To unsubscribe or change your e-mail preferences for the Dixieland Jazz Mailing list, or to find the online archives, please visit:> > http://ml.islandnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dixielandjazz> > > > Dixielandjazz mailing list> Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com