[Dixielandjazz] Identifying a banjo from photos

RICHARD SHOOK dixbarn at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 5 05:31:18 PST 2008

We have a 4 string banjo (Waverly) we believe belonged to my grandfather, and we found a photo with what looks like the same banjo (the photo has my grandfather, grandmother, and a troup of performers in black face makeup, one of whom is holding the banjo). I would like to correspond with someone who knows banjos well enough to tell us whether the photo is likely the same banjo - contact me offline, please, because this involves sending a couple of photos via email.

  Thanks.

  RAShook - Fargo, ND