[Dixielandjazz] A FUNERAL SERVICE FOR 2008 - SUNDAY JAN 4

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 19:29:42 PST 2008

Happy New Year all.

Why not bury everything you want to forget about 2008?  Join us at the
Unitarian Church in the Germantown section of Philadelphia on Sunday,
January 4, 2009 for an uplifting New Orleans Jazz Burial Service for
the old year. Complete with open casket, by the altar with us, where
you can deposit a slip(s) of paper listing everything for which you
wish closure. (paper and pencils supplied)

Unitarian Society of Germantown
6511 Lincoln Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19119
Tel:  215.844.1157
Fax: 215.844.1159
http://www.usguu.org

Rousing New Orleans gospel and Dixieland Jazz music will be performed
throughout by The Barbone Street Jazz Band. This service highlights
the joy of traditional New Orleans Jazz Funerals, and ends with a
second line marching behind the band through the church and grounds
to, what else, "When The Saints Come Marching In." Usually two
circuits because of the large size of the crowd.

It is a standing room only event so get there early. We start playing
Dixieland about 10:40 AM while the congregants gather. The service
starts at 11:00 AM and lasts about an hour.
The church is beautiful.

Dancing in the aisles is welcome.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

ORDER OF SERVICE
Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gathering Music 10:40 AM - Dixieland Selections

ORDER OF SERVICE

BELL  - 11:00 AM
WELCOME
PASS THE PEACE
PRELUDE                              What a Friend We Have in Jesus
CHALICE
LIGHTING
                                                                                 *Linda
  Smith
ANNOUNCEMENTS
STEWARDSHIP
TESTIMONIAL
Andrea Barsevick
INTRODUCTION TO A NEW ORLEANS JAZZ FUNERAL   Rev. Kent Matthies
HYMN # 162                          Gonna Lay Down My Sword and Shield
WAKE FOR THE OLD YEAR
INTERLUDE                         Just a Little While to Stay Here
PRAYER FOR THE YEAR JUST PAST
INTERLUDE                         Just a Closer Walk with Thee
BURYING THE PAST / DIRGE FOR THE OLD YEAR
HYMN # 199                          Precious Lord, Take My Hand
HOPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
OFFERTORY                        Walking with the King
JOYFUL SEND-OFF / SECOND LINE AROUND THE CHURCH
POSTLUDE                           When the Saints Go Marchin’
In                       Traditional

Information:
Robin Neill - Administrator