[Dixielandjazz] Funk in 1926?

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:43:57 PST 2008

Hello Ginny,
I've got the original, and several tather more hi fi versions.  Also
some not so hi fi, but arousing memories, versions I've recorded at
jazz festivals.  A band that particularly comes to mind was the Sam
Morgan Revisited (or something similar) at the Geleen Jazz Festival in
Holland, with Dan Pawson on trumpet and vocals and Thomas d'Etienne
(German, despite the French surname) on reeds.  Waht a band!  And what
a festival!  Unfortunately, it did not last, but I loved it.
And the side links provide some "good noise," too; right now, Im
lisatening to "Creole Jazz" by the Hungarian Benko Dixielan Band.
Cheers