[Dixielandjazz] good sipping

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:44:53 PST 2008

Hello Nancie,
Have great holidays!
Islay may be a small island off the western coast of Scottland, but
there are eight distilleries!  All make peaty whisky, but each is
different.  The most widespread seems to be Laphroaig, which is also
the smokiest (personally, I can't drink it).  Of those I've tasted, my
favourites were Lagavulin and Bowmore; unfortunately, Lagavulin is
also very expensive.  And there were years when it was not available
anywhere outside the States, since US merchabts purchased the entire
output!  Bowmore is more accessble pricewise.
Anyway, each goes very well with jazz.
Your post makes me thirsty!  But I won't succumb - after the sparkling
wine and Grolsch beer tasting (five Spanish and Italian sparkling
wines) in the morning and the sixth Hannukah candle celebration at my
son's with more wine I feel I've had enough alcohol until noon, when
I'll have a beer on the beach (hopefully - after a good swim in the
cold water).
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Israel