[Dixielandjazz] A white Christmas in from my Michigan bunker

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Wed Dec 24 14:51:08 PST 2008

To all, a hearty greeting and best wishes for a most Merry Christmas
from the Ingle homestead, where we are more than assured it will be a
White Christmas.
Our snow gauge show we have now reached 61 inches, and our snow plow
piles are being fitted with ski lifts and we may well soon sell lift
tickets and snowboard waxing service. Got to do something to get back
the plowing cost - $25 a pop, 2-3 timeew a week.
Jean and I will gather around our wood stove, pop a little corn, have a
wee dram (or several) of uisque baugh (single malt for the Gaelic
deprived.) and await the sound of sleigh bells.
(We are so snowed in today we might have to hitch up a team; but we have
re-discovered the incredible joys of cribbage to while away the time
until the snow ply resumes work the day after tomorrow.
You can be sure that some good sounds will be playing here, from Bix and
His Gang to the Prez, a romp with Louis' Hot five/seven or a tape of our
dear friend Biill Gunter singing "Roll the Wagon." So much good stuff
that the best title of the day is "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."
So many good friends here, new and old, and one thinks of the good times
past and the better ones to come, good Lord willing.
So, listees and lurkers alike, have a wonderful Christmas, Chanukah, or
whatever your faith may wish. Don and Jean Ingle send our best hopes for
a great year of jazz and friendships ahead.
Gotta split now; the speakers pour out some Eddie Miller on a medley of
Duke Ellington tunes that should not be missed.
Happy Hogmanay to come.
Don