[Dixielandjazz] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 20 16:06:52 PST 2008

Hi, there, folks outside of the UK!
I have just started watching the BooBooC Fore (OK, BBC4) documentary on "SWING" and we have traced it all back to Louis Armstrong,  and seen the famous filmclip of Louis in Europe playing Dinah after apparently smoking some double-strength cigarettes -- and now the shot of Louis' face merges with  .....
that of King Oliver at the back of the Oliver band photo with Louis pretending to play a slide trumpet -- the camera having transposed the head of Joe 1923 with that of Louis 1933 has come . . . back again to ...

why, once more the head of ole Joe Oliver hisself, as if the director (sic) supposed this figure in the dominant position at the rear was  . . .  oh!   Louis? Hence my subject line above

Humphrey Lyttelton's body is a rollin' in his grave ....
and my eyes rollin' in their sockets are not copyin' Louis!