[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong Concert 1968

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 13:01:07 PST 2008

Armstrong suffered a heart attack in 1959, while on tour.  The tour
started in Tel-Aviv, where I saw him two days in a row, even though I
could hardly afford it.  He played little.  Then he went to Italy,
suffered a heart attack, the tour ended before really starting, and
the israeli impresario sponsoring the tour, Mr. Giora Goddick, went
bankrupt!
Cheers!