[Dixielandjazz] Getting into your Solo

Russ Guarino russguarino at comcast.net
Mon Dec 15 07:56:46 PST 2008

I was told, by an old pro, that a good solo tracks the melody line from time to time.  The audience likes it because they then know
where the solo is coming from.  The idea is that when the soloist flies away, the audience doesn't know what is going on.
I tend to do that and I've had to work on getting back to the melody once in a while.

Russ Guarino