[Dixielandjazz] An observation

GWW174 at aol.com GWW174 at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 13:37:05 PST 2008

Not strictly jazz but did anyone see the TV Broadcast with live musicians at
the 'official lighting ceremony' of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree????

They did NOT have music stands...holding music/charts... ... instead there
were computer monitors - assume which displayed the charts... turned pages...
etc.  Now all we need is the 'bouncing ball' to mark the spot where everyone is
supposed to be playing.

Anyone have any experience with this..... frankly it may be a good functional
idea... each part can be displayed on that 'sections' monitors.... strings.
brass.. rhythm..etc...

It's like a musucian's teleprompter of sorts...

Gordon of Northridge

PS... I apologize for the post if this is common knowledge to you 'old-timer,
seasoned pros"....