[Dixielandjazz] Double up

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Mon Dec 15 09:17:45 PST 2008

pj.ladd wrote:
> I have been to the Sacramento Jazz camp two times>>
>
> Two Times? Do Americans never say `twice`?  Is this another example of
> the divergence of our language?

Don Ingle responded:
Well, some might say "a couple times", but then this is American and so
we speak American. Our arrogance is just that  - ours, so we can say and
speak any damn way we want to.
We say elevator,, not lift; we request a wake up call, not be be knocked
up at eight (though that might be a risky idea in some cases): but then
that's your Brit way - and we have our way. By the way, a lot of us
still say Merry Christmas, CAPITOL C, and don't give a damn if we are
politically correct in some other's view.
But having said that, please know that that is what I wish you and all
lurkers at this time. Take it  in  the spirit it is given. I'd say it
"twice" if that is how you prefer it, but I think ONCE is enough for
this post. <G>
Add a Happy Hogmanay to it. Good way for me to "double up" on season's
greetings.
Don (lost somewhere in a blizzard in Northern Michigan, US of A) Ingle