[Dixielandjazz] FW: Almost good players

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Dec 14 22:03:11 PST 2008

Maybe this is a remnant of the Tailgate thing? As the song comes
around to the end of the first  chorus, the T-bone gives a big gliss
and can then romp into a solo - it all depends on the flow of the
band, after all.

Since we are on the solo schedule question, I can say that I really
get tired of the normal "Reed, Trumpet, Bone, (piano,) Banjo, Bass"
sequence that usually happens in OKOM bands!  Change things up some
times - let the banjo take the first solo or something - be creative!

Dave Richoux