[Dixielandjazz] Snowy tunes

Glen Page gpage at dccnet.com
Thu Dec 11 00:05:02 PST 2008

Hi Don,
Glen again. Now the door is open I can suggest a GHB disc, mine is vinyl but
I'm sure that it is available as a cd now. "A New Orleans Christmas With
Sammy Rimington". Eleven songs, all associated with Christmas, the last one
being White Christmas. Sammy on clt.with pno, bs,and gtr/bjo backing.

Too bad the blues seem to be out of favor as I could go on for a long time
on that track, I'll save those for my own enjoyment over the next couple of
weeks.
Cheers,
Glen.

-----
.
> No, I'll accept Christmas songs as well or Hanukkah songs as well as pure
JAzz tunes, as long as (1) they mention snow, and (2) they can be swung by a
jazz band. Most of the Cullums Band;s Hark the Herald Angels Swing album
would meet my sugested thread.

Don Ingle
Digging it (snow that is) in Michigan.