[Dixielandjazz] Snowy tunes

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 10 16:23:18 PST 2008

Marek Boym wrote:
> I have the feeling Don did not mean Christmas songs.  In those there
> are lots of references to snow.

Dear friends,
Marek is right.
Don said: "My "challenge" to all is to add some winter-related titles
to a listening list and I will start with James P, Johnson's "Snowy
Morning Blues." Let's see how many wintry titles we cancomeup swith -
especially those with a more jazz oriented origin.

Here in Oz we don't have snow in our major cites (except occasionally
Hobart, Tasmania) so most of us never experienced a 'winter wonderland'.
Besides, it is supposed to be summer here.
Although you would not believe this in Sydney this week.
Kind regards,
Bill.