[Dixielandjazz] Can you read text?

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Wed Dec 10 02:15:48 PST 2008

I would guess the empty messages from Charlie are the old "text only"
issue
with the mail list.

The DJML will only accept emails in plain text. Most email programs, by
default
send emails in HTML so they can send all the fancy fonts and colours etc.

If the DJML finds any HTML, it strips it off and sends the rest on.

Because a lot of email programs also send the same message as plain text,
you get to see the message on DJML.

I'm guessing that whatever Charlie is using, it is set up to send HTML
only.
So we never get to see the text.

It isn't obvious from the email headers, what Charlie is using, but check
the preferences Charlie and if there is a box anywhere that says
something like "plain text" or "text only" then tick it and try again.

Marek had similar problems a while back and found it wasn't possible
to send text only from his email provider. So he had to switch to gmail.

So Charlie, you might have to consider switching email systems.

Regards

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.