[Dixielandjazz] Dance "games" ?

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 2 14:46:14 PST 2008

Could anyone on DJML help me with this please?

I wonder if you know of any websites or other resources as a source
of games or prize awarding tricks that can be used for dances.

I'm thinking of things like "snowball" dances (no prizes but gets
more people dancing). Or dances where the dancers are asked to
freeze where they are - then you blindfold someone to go onto the
dance floor while someone else with their back turned to the dance
floor gives the first person directions until they're told to stop
and reach out to the nearest couple who are then given a prize. I've
found lots of "history of" sites but not contemporary "games" sites.

Also, I believe some of you give out necklaces for prizes but is
there a next step up from necklaces that you've used?

Thanks in advance,

Ric Giorgi