[Dixielandjazz] Jimmy Cleveland

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 30 14:38:48 PDT 2008

On Aug 30, 2008, at 5:28 PM, Marek Boym wrote:

> OK,
> But why?  I have heard too much of Cleveland over the years.
> Sometimes, in the right company, he even sounded jazzy, but for the
> most part - not.
> But then, we've been through this before.

I posted the you tubes of Jimmy Cleveland not for you, but for Bill
Haesler since he had not heard much of his playing.

You can define jazz however you like. After all, "jazz is what you
are" to quote one of the greats in answer to the question; "What is
jazz?"  Once past that, trying to discuss  a definition that fits
everyone, is masturbatory

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband