[Dixielandjazz] Arthur Godfrey

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Mon Aug 25 19:54:10 PDT 2008

Julius LaRosa was fired on the air, Godfrey announcing that "This was his swan song."

One of the Chordettes was married to Archie Bleyer <sp?>.  I don't remember who replaced them, but I read somewhere that it was the McGuire Sisters.  I won't come anywhere near to swearing to that, though.

Somebody mentioned the Hawaiian singer.  Her name was (and I'm only guessing at the spelling) Halleloke (pronounce Holly Loky).  Probably the only reason I remember that is one Christmas season on his morning show, Godfrey sang, "Deck the Halls with Halleloke."

Hal Vickery