[Dixielandjazz] Death in the KC jazz family, Thelma E. Adams

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 24 16:28:37 PDT 2008

>From today's KC Star Obit's. . .

Thelma E. Adams, known as Marianne
to many, age 87, of Kansas City, passed away on Friday, August 22, 2008.
Funeral
services will be held at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26, 2008, at Langsford
Funeral
Home, 115 S.W. 3rd St., Lee's Summit, MO 64063. Burial will be in the Lee's
Summit
Historical Cemetery.

Thelma was born August 21, 1921, in Monegaw Springs, Mo. She
was employed for 28 years by Siemans Manufacturing as a secretary.

For many years she was also the personal manager and companion to Jay
McShann. She
was known to those in the music industry as Marianne.

 Thelma was preceded in death by her daughter Brenda Gabbert and grandson
Scott Gabbert,
and
her longtime companion Jay McShann.

Survivors include her son Jim (Marcy) and daughter Lois; three
grandchildren, Chip
(Amy) Gabbert, Laurel (Matt) O'Connor, James (Gretchen) Adams; six great
grandchildren,
Brady and Dalton Gabbert, Faith and Luke O'Connor, and Sophia and Elijah
Adams.

Arrangements
by: Langsford Funeral Home, (816) 524-3700.

____________________

Guest book is available at:
http://www.legacy.com/KansasCity/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=116240007

    --end--

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Note new e-mail address rsr at ringwald.com
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

 "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or
a politician. And to
tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano
player job to be much more honorable than current politicians."  --Harry
Truman