[Dixielandjazz] euphonium in okom bands

Pat Mierkey patandmh at sti.net
Mon Aug 18 13:31:28 PDT 2008

I play in a local central California jazz band and usually have my King
double bell euphonium on the stand with me.  Often some one will come up
pointing to the horn and ask me what that thing does and I might answer the
question with, "Have you seen the movie  Men in Black?"  If there is a
positive response, I counter with "This thing will save us all from any
Spacey Musician Aliens who might show up and try to abduct all of us to
their spaceship."  I usually play the euphonium on one or two numbers in a
set.
If you're interested in a picture, check out yosemitejazzband.com   go to
photo album then to random photos.
Pat (Chops)