[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Scott Anthony santh at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 13:54:37 PDT 2008

The law changed in 1998. It is now 95 years after the first
performance/publishing/recording of a song written before 1978. It used to
be 75 years (not 70). For most of our music (published before 1978), the
cutoff date is Jan 1, 1923. Anything before that is permanently in the
public domain. In 2018 the cutoff date will start "progressing" again.

Scott Anthony