[Dixielandjazz] "You, the living"

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Sun Aug 10 19:35:43 PDT 2008

Hello all

Me ole mate Bill noted "It was shown here at The Sydney Film Festival in
June. Which means our mate and DJML lurker, Anton Crouch, has probably
seen it."

I'm also a bit of a lurker at the Sydney Film Festival.

After 55 years of festival going (I started young!), I've learnt to read
between the lines when it comes to film descriptions.

The bad news (or is it good news?) is that I haven't seen "You, the
living". Who would be drawn to a movie described as "exquisite
miserablism" or one that "vaults the notoriously strange Nordic sense of
humour to land in a brave new world of weird"? Perhaps the movie isn't
as strange as the person who wrote the programme note!

Anyway, it clashed with something I did want to see  :-)

All the best,
Anton