[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Beatles

ballen ballen at deltapathology.com
Fri Aug 8 08:13:47 PDT 2008

Don Ellis, who ws an acid-fueled West Coast trumpeter who fronted a big band
with 3 drummers, recorded a BIZARRE arrangement of Hey Jude - there's a
free-form guitar solo, a trumpet-with-ring-modulator solo, a quarter-tone
(that's quarter TONE, not note) section, and a finale that alternates
between 5+4 and 5+2