[Dixielandjazz] Re Edinburgh Jazz Festival (was Ban on Musicians)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 02:25:45 PDT 2008

Hello Ken,
Thanks for the update.
The style of Swing 84-2008 changed when Dave Strutt ad, even more so,
Martin Leys, left.
Dave Batchelor's group was listed in the '84 programme as
"Batchelors," not Bachelors, and that suited the spirit of the band to
perfection.
I know the festival is still going, but is much less interesting, as
there is much less OKOM.  In the '80's, it was mostly OKOM.
Oh, memories!  It was in Edinburgh taht I first heard Kenny Baker and
the New Black Eagles live!
But let's not get nostalgic, and enjoy music taht's being played
today.  On the 14th and the 15thof  May we're going to hear Hot Club
de Norvege in tribute to Stephane Grapelly.
Cheers