[Dixielandjazz] Humphrey Lyttelton

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:58:30 PDT 2008

I have seen this before, when bradcast on the 3Sat TV.  Lovely indeed.
I agree re. Turner, but whenever I hear his excellent clarinet playing
I always feel it's a pity he's not playing his alto.  To my ears, he
must have been second to Hodges only, and yes, I have more Benny
Carter than Turner, and I have heard Willie Smith and Pete Brown, and
Charlie Parker.
Cheers