[Dixielandjazz] The May issue of the Monterey Hot Jazz Society newsletter is online Terry Smythe's

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 24 17:33:29 PDT 2008

Dear friends,
John Jamieson immediately replied off-list (as below) to my query
regarding who played on the piano roll version of "Yes Sir, That's My
Baby".
I hope John doesn't mind me posting his reply to our list for it
contains a link to an extremely interesting (and unknown to me) group
of enthusiasts who are preserving the music on now-fragile piano rolls.
Absolutely fascinating and worth a look.
This aspect of our music is apparently in very safe hands.

> Don't know, the piano roll is a "l'Edition Musicale Perforée"  # 9226,
> it didn't give the name of the performer, it was scanned by Terry
> Smythe http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/rebirth.htm

Kind regards,
Bill.