[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in San Antonio

Don Mopsick mophandl at landing.com
Wed Apr 23 14:11:21 PDT 2008

Mike Johnson wrote:

"I will be visiting San Antonio, Texas May 1 -May 5.  Other than the Jim
Cullum Band, Is there any OKOM in San Antonio during those dates?"

There is a new band in San Antonio, the Mission City Hot Rhythm Cats. Here
is the personnel:

Mike Pittsley, trombone
Ed Torres, Drums
Mark Hess, Piano
David Jellema, cornet & clarinet

All of these guys have some association with the Jim Cullum Jazz Band but
are not at present members of the band. Torres and Pittsley were with the
JCJB for over 10 years each. Jellema is currently Jim's #1 sub at the
Landing and also on occasion plays with Jim. Mark Hess played trombone and
piano with the JCJB way back in the 70s before Sheridan joined in 1979.

Here is their website:

http://www.missioncityjazz.com/

still under construction. I don't see any upcoming dates for the band, but
watch the space, keep up with them, and you will be rewarded.

The Alamo City Jazz Band under the direction of Chuck Reilly is no longer
playing, Chuck retired.

Besides the JCJB on the inside stage of the Landing, the outdoor Riverwalk
patio features duos on week nights and trios and quartets on weekend night,
no cover.

Mike, if you don't at least stick your head in the door and say hi, I'm
gonna be pissed.

mopo