[Dixielandjazz] Cartoon/movie music was Swinging Swedes (Kustbandnet)

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 19 11:39:41 PDT 2008

> Bill Haesler <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>  wrote
>
> Dear Jack Thomas and friends,
> I can personally endorse that claim, the band has been to Australia
> and
> includes (or did) Swedish jazz friends of ours.
> Tune in, or go listen to them live if you have the opportunity.
> A fine, swinging, European version of our mate Vince Giordano's
> Nighthawks.
> Steve Barbone would probably describe it (without meaning to be
> critical) as a 'cartoon' band, but that's OK.
> We now know what Steve means by his definition.
> Kind regards,

Yes indeed Bill, I love cartoon music. It got me (as well as many
other Americans, though few will admit it) interested in jazz at a
very young age.

I also love movie music and revere a cyber buddy, Ennio Morricone, who
composed a lot of it. My cell phone ringtone is the theme from "The
Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Keeps everything in perspective.

Cheers,

Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband