[Dixielandjazz] Swinging Swedes on PHC

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 18 14:28:03 PDT 2008

> This week on A Prairie Home Companion  special guests include the
> hottest
> "hot jazz" orchestra in all of Europe, Kustbandet.
> "........has kept its style for 40 years, spreading joy, playing
> authentic swing music with roots from New Orleans - Storyville,
> Prohibition  Chicago and New York - Harlem."

Dear Jack Thomas and friends,
I can personally endorse that claim, the band has been to Australia and
includes (or did) Swedish jazz friends of ours.
Tune in, or go listen to them live if you have the opportunity.
A fine, swinging, European version of our mate Vince Giordano's
Nighthawks.
Steve Barbone would probably describe it (without meaning to be
critical) as a 'cartoon' band, but that's OK.
We now know what Steve means by his definition.
Kind regards,
Bill.