[Dixielandjazz] White House

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Apr 16 08:41:01 PDT 2008

Just saw on the news the White House lawn reception for the Pope.  The music
was fantastic!  The U.S. Armed Forces Bands are all great.  The Army Choir
was unbelievable, and the lady that sang The Lord's Prayer was amazing.  I
had to do some channel jumping until I found one where the commentators
weren't blabbing the whole time.  Would you believe it...it was the Fox News
guys that were quiet, and they're never quiet!!

Congrats America.  When it comes to doing a show right, you're the guys!
The Pope looked truly surprised when they sang Happy Birthday to him.  Could
only hear Sousa's Stars & Stripes in the background at the end, but it
brought tears to my eyes.  12 yrs of marching band & 8 yrs of Air Force Band
sort of soak that great music into one's bones somehow.

Jim