[Dixielandjazz] Jeff Wayne

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Mon Apr 14 03:34:16 PDT 2008

Kash wrote on 12/04/2008 09:40:21:

> p.s.  I found the electronic music on the stands of the musicians to be
very
> interesting.

I remember something like this being advertised 10-15 years ago. The idea
was you stored all your music on it as MIDI files and it could display
it as a standard score. It had a touch screen which could be used
to "turn the pages". You could also transpose the music into any key.

I have often thought it would be the answer to piles of heavy books and
a bit more practical than a laptop, but they never seemed to catch on.
I've done the occasional search, but never found any evidence of them
still being around. Looks like I should have another look.

As to the music. I have an original vinyl LP of ELO (Electric Light
Orchestra)
playing War of the Worlds. Great stuff. I think I need to dig it out again
and annoy the neighbours ;)

Andy Ling

--
This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not