[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Valentine - redux

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Sun Apr 13 09:28:53 PDT 2008

Steve Barbone pointed us to this link :-

> From Chris Saunders. For a Preservation Hall Valentine Card, click
>below:
>
>http://www.PreservationHall.com/valentine/

Several people complained it didn't sound much like the original tune.

I was listening to some Django recordings and came across this one :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUW317lGXI0&feature=related

The Preservation Hall recording sounds like it has the same roots.
I wonder if the same complaints would be made about the Django
version. ;)

Mind you my ears suggest Preservation Hall need to do a bit of
catching up ;)

Andy Ling