[Dixielandjazz] good music instr site

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Apr 8 05:08:27 PDT 2008

I would like to sing the praises of:  The Woodwind & Brasswind shop in
Indiana.

http://www.wwbw.com
	4004 Technology Drive, South Bend, IN 46628
	Sales: 800-348-5003

It's a monster shop full of goodies for us "windy" people.  I visited the
shop 2 yrs ago, and they have about 6 rooms for trying instruments
out...including a mixing console & recording equipment!

I've just bought my fourth Yamaha YSL691 tenor trombone from them.
(Actually, I ordered the first 3 from Giardinelli who is also on the
web...but, they had a 2 month wait at this moment.)  I understand the two
companies are related, anyway, and have exactly the same pricing.

I was making the purchase on-line, but finally resorted to calling them
directly, as I had some questions to ask.  (Could have done the purchase
perfectly well on-line, otherwise!)

The salesman, Charles, was very, very helpful.  He gave me a few further
discounts to make up for the fact there was going to be $100 State sales tax
(as my deliver address is in Indiana), which more or less cancelled out the
tax.  I paid with my VISA card, which means I pay in Euros giving me a
rather large discount again due to the low dollar!  Final cost was
U.S.$1376.55.

They delivered to my Mother's home in 3 days, and I will pick up the horn
during my visit there at the end of the month.

I also purchased my second K & M "store in horn" trombone stand (nº 15270B),
....$80.  This is a very strong trombone stand that collapses down to fit
into the bell of your horn inside your case.  So very, very handy.

I've carried my horn on the plane lately with Iberia & Singapore Airlines.
I'm flying British Airways this time, and will report back as to my success
(or lack of) in taking the horn on board.

I always find it's funny (peculiar/not ha-ha)that the security guards never,
ever ask about this large pipe stuck up inside the bell of the horn (the
above mentioned horn stand), which is what I imagine would be the size of a
sawed off rifle!  Curious, and scary!!

Jim