[Dixielandjazz] what does it mean(stomp)

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Apr 3 13:28:11 PDT 2008

I really don't know - I always thought it might be about speed.  There's
another and I'm pretty sure it has to do with speed and that is "Strut"

Some of the earlier dances that I'm not sure have a name because they are
pretty back woods and hillbilly could be accurately described as a Stomp.

Then there's a "Shuffle"

Speed indicators?

I would be interested to know the musical meaning of those words as pertains
to OKOM and do show up in the titles of OKOM tunes.
Larry
StL